Sign Contractor


A sign contractor is an individual, firm, corporation, or partnership who performs sign construction work regulated by code. No person shall erect, construct, reconstruct, install, paint, or replace any sign for which a permit is required within the corporate limits of the city until such person has registered with the city. A sign contractor who constructs signs that have any electrical component integral with the sign shall also employ a Master Sign Electrician licensed by the state. The Master Sign Electrician shall also register his state license with the city.

Items Required for Registration

  • Copy of renewed State Electrical Sign Contractor license if applicable
  • Copy of renewed Electrical Sign Master
  • $90 per year license fee
  • $15 per year technology fee
  • $10,000 Surety Bond made payable to the City of Canyon for non-electrical sign contractors
  • State required minimum liability insurance for electrical sign contractors
  • City Registration Form

Return all items completed to the:
Director of Planning & Development
301 16th St.
Canyon, TX 79015

If you have questions, call the Planning & Development Department at (806) 655-5014 option 6.